Cook, Kid Injured in Gas Cylinder Explosion at South Kashmir School: Latest Updates

By | June 15, 2024

By Trend News Line 2024-06-15 07:48:55.

Gas Cylinder Explosion Injures Cook and Child at School in Anantnag

On a seemingly normal Saturday at Middle School Jafarpora Marhama in Anantnag district, tragedy struck in the form of a gas cylinder explosion. The incident left a 50-year-old lady named Hajira, who worked as a cook at the school, and a four-year-old child named Zian, son of Mohd Ashraf, with severe burn injuries.

Injuries and Treatment

Both Hajira and young Zian were rushed to SDH Bijbehara immediately after the explosion. Due to the severity of their injuries, they were later referred to SMHS Hospital in Srinagar for further specialized treatment. The medical staff worked tirelessly to stabilize their conditions and provide the necessary care for their burns.

Cause of the Explosion

Authorities have identified the cause of the explosion as a leakage in the gas cylinder. As a cook at the school, Hajira was unfortunately at the epicentre of the blast when the cylinder malfunctioned. The sudden ignition caused a fire that quickly spread, leading to the injuries sustained by both Hajira and young Zian.

Fire Containment and Police Investigation

Efforts to contain the fire resulting from the explosion were successful, with emergency responders swiftly extinguishing the flames. The police have since launched an investigation into the incident to determine the exact circumstances that led to the gas cylinder malfunction. The safety protocols and maintenance of the gas equipment at the school will be thoroughly examined to prevent such accidents in the future.

Community Response

The local community in Marhama area of Anantnag district has expressed shock and sadness at the news of the gas explosion at the school. Parents, teachers, and students alike have come together to offer support and prayers for the speedy recovery of Hajira and young Zian. The school authorities have also assured the community of implementing additional safety measures to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future.

Final Thoughts

As the investigation into the gas cylinder explosion continues, the focus remains on the recovery and well-being of the injured individuals. The incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of proper maintenance and safety protocols when dealing with gas equipment in any setting. Our thoughts and prayers are with Hajira, Zian, and their families during this difficult time.

Stay tuned for further updates on this developing story.

.

– Cook injured in gas cylinder explosion
– Kid injured in gas cylinder explosion in south Kashmir school.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *